Go to the Free Download page to download and install CyberTracker onto your PC.
You also need to install the Windows Mobile and ActiveSync software that comes with the Smart Phone or PocketPC (or Palm).
For a quick introduction to how CyberTracker works, download the CyberTracker GeoTagger Application.
- Double-Click on the GeoTagger.CTX file to open.
- To save your database, select File, Save Database As... and type in the File name and Save.
- Connect your handheld unit to your PC.
- To install the GeoTagger onto your Pocket PC or Smart Phone (or Palm unit), select "Applications", then the "Install Windows Mobile" button (or "Install Palm").
- Follow the instructions.
- Note that you need to select the "Install Windows Mobile" button twice. The first time to install the CyberTracker Client software and the second time to install the CyberTracker Application.
You are now ready to collect some basic data with the GeoTagger.
- Select the Forward button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- First enter your name under Observer Name. Tap the screen to bring up the keyboard.
- Select Ok when finished.
- Go Forward to the next screen.
- You can use the Camera to take a photo.
- Go Forward to type in a Field Note.
- You can also record a voice note by selecting the red dot to record sound.
- Select the Save button (the arrow pointing down into a box) to capture your GPS location and Save your data.
- Select the GPS button (the triangle at the bottom left) to view the GPS signal strength.
When you have collected your data, you need to transfer your data from your handheld to your PC.
- To upload your data onto your PC, simply connect your handheld to your PC.
- Once the data has been transferred, you can view your data under Reports.
- Your data will be displayed under New View
- You have the option of a Graph View, a Map View and a Photo View.
- To view the map your PC needs to be connected to the Internet.
- Use the zoom and pan to find your location on the world map.
It's that simple!