Step-by-Step Tutorial 1
How to Customise a Simple CyberTracker Application
This 3-Page PDF Step-by-Step Tutorial will demonstrate how to customise a simple CyberTracker Application by selecting screen templates and linking them together.
Step-by-Step Tutorial 2
How to Customise a Wildlife Monitoring and Survey Application
This 12-Page PDF Step-by-Step Tutorial will demonstrate how to customise a CyberTracker Wildlife Monitoring and Line Transect Survey Application, collect data and view data in Tables and Maps.
How to create a data capture CyberTracker Application:
1. Design data fields for CyberTracker Application on paper
2. Create Screens for CyberTracker Application
3. Link Screens into a Sequence of Screens
4. Add Save Buttons and OK Elements
5. Test Run to check that all Screens are linked correctly
6. Add Icons and adjust Screen Properties to improve User Interface Design
7. Add Field Map to Application
8. Add Transect Lines to Field Map
9. Add GoTo Destinations to Application
10. Add Observer Names to Observer Screens for each division
11. Backup Data onto SD Card in field
12. Download Application onto PDA or Smartphone
13. Collecting data in field, getting to know PDA & SmartPhone hardware
14. View and Edit Data in Field on PDA or Smartphone
How to view data in a Table and Map and Export data:
1. Download data onto pc, view data in Table
2. Query Data in Table
3. Create Multiple Queries in Table
4. Create New Reports to View Data
5. Export data in a Table to Excel
6. Export data in a Table to Google Earth
7. View Data on Maps
8. Export Map Views of Data
9. Create New Applications for Special Projects
10. Copy list of species into CyberTracker
11. Export CyberTracker Database or Data as a CTX File
The Biodiversity with Plant Identification Filter Application illustrates a media rich User Interface design which contains icons, a plant species identification filter and a digital field guide, including the GPS GoTo feature and GPS Field Map.
Our CyberTracker Community Applications demonstrate the flexibility of CyberTracker for a variety of different uses. We welcome Applications from the CyberTracker community which can be shared with others. Sharing Applications will allow other users to use them or make slight modifications to suit their own needs.
Download CyberTracker Icons
You can download a large collection of icons to customise your CyberTracker Applications
NAILSMA has developed an online easy to follow CyberTracker Training and Technical Support Portal.